Monday, February 21, 2011

Short Sale-Shmort Sale!

I swear, every day feels like an eternity when waiting on someone else to say if you can buy the house of your dreams or not.  It has been two and a half weeks since we put the offer in on our new house.  It was accepted immediately (literally about 19-20 hours later we get the accepted response!) by the sellers, but because it is a short sale we still have to wait for the bank accept our offer as well.  Yes, I do realize that two and a half weeks is like chump-change in the world of short sales, but for me it's just ridiculous.  How hard is it/how long does it honestly take, to look at our financials, our pre-approval, and tell us we can have the damn house???  

It's strange, as much as we are in charge of our futures and are making the decisions that we want to make, we have absolutely no control over this it.  And it freaking blows!  We've done all that we can in regards to getting our selves prepared financially, determining the area we want to live in, scouring the listings, knowing our budget... and even with all of that the whole shebang is in someone else's hands.  We love that house!  We refer to is as "our" house, I've been telling the cats they are going to go to our new house... hell we even drove by it this last weekend just to look at it.

We did get good news though late last week.  The sellers agent talked to our agent, who emailed us and said that the bank had already ordered and received the appraisal for the house.  This is huge because that appraisal determines what the house is worth now (and not what the sellers bought it for eons ago and not what the remaining amount due on their loan says) and essentially tells the bank how much they might potentially lose out on due to the short sale and current economic state, and what they can reasonably expect to sell the house for now.  We hadn't heard anything in the two week period after the sellers accepted our offer so it was a BIG relief knowing that the bank was working on us and at least doing something!  Short sales can take months to go through and be finalized, and I don't want to be shoved to the bottom of some stack of papers that are just collecting dust.  By the by, why in the hell does it have to take months and months for short sales to go through?  It's as easy as a pre-approved buyer, a seller accepted offer, and an appraisal on the house.  End. Of. Story.  Seriously, I could do short sales here people!

Annnnnywho, things around here have been the norm for us!  Work is getting better for me and I'm starting to feel like I fit in there-slash-they accept me more now.  Valentines day was pretty freakin' awesome to boot!  The hubs took me up to a beautiful ski resort where we went ice skating!  I honestly haven't been ice skating for 15-18 years (holy hell I feel a decrepit old bag!!) and it was just so much fun.  We were like little kids up there racing each other and trying every we could to not fall on our asses.  I am proud to say that neither of us actually fell! For sure I thought I would come home bruised and looking like a rotting corpse from all the discoloration.  It was beautiful up there, I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the waiting, it really sucks when you do everything you can do and the rest is waiting on others, and banks have a way of taking their sweet ass time LOL! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Glad you had such an awesome V-Day, I can't remember the last time I went ice skating, I want to go now ;)

    ReplyDelete