Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm BAAAA-AAAACK!

So I totally suck.  And I know it.  But you'll forgive me, right?  Of course you will!  It was not my intent to take an almost two-week hiatus on this here bloggy thing, but thats what ended up happening.  Speaking of happening... a lot of shit has gone down these last two weeks and I shall enlighten you...

So I have been at my new job for two weeks now-it has its up's and down's.  The job itself is pretty easy, and it's pretty slow there.  That's the upside.  The downside?  I'm kinda bored out of my mind for most of the time (they aren't really teaching me anything just kinda leaving me out there on my own), and I kinda-sorta feel one of the girls isn't my biggest fan.  If I want to something to do there or want to be taught, I have to ask.  It's very strange from I'm used too in being the newbie and being taught everything.  Although, I do really like that it's very chill and laid back there.  There is definitely no taking work home with you...I'm not thinking about work at home or anything.  I also feel like I could run the place already after just two weeks,  so I'm not being challenged in anyway.  BUT, I'm working and having money coming in so really I have nothing to bitch about LOL.

Hubs and I are moving forward with the house-buying.  I for sure thought that my job losing was going to royally screw with all of our plans, but it turns out that removing my income from the pre-qual process for a loan didn't do anything.  NOT A THING.  Apparently, compared to my husband, my income was pretty insignificant.  Fabulous isn't it?  It didn't bother me at all, I was genuinely surprised that I didn't eff the whole thing up.  Seriously, we qualify for the exact same loan amount with or without my previous income in the equation.  (Looks like I totally married up!!)  

We decided to go look at houses last weekend and just get started with the process.  We've been doing a lot of online "window shopping" with the houses around here, and I kinda think that the hubs said we should go look at places in person to try to get me out of my funk.  Well, it worked and then some!  We looked at some places last Sunday and totally fell in love with one.  It was the very first house we saw, and at first we both thought that it was just alright and that there wasn't anything special about it.  Four or five houses later... including a foreclosure that was missing light switches (yes, the actual switch on the wall) and all the bathroom faucets, the first house was screaming our names.   We scheduled a second showing two nights later.  OH EM GEE did we freaking love that place.  It is in a great new-construction neighborhood about two minutes from hubby's work.  It has good schools (Yes, I've been thinking about that even though we don't have kids YET, but we plan to be in our first house for a while so there's a good possibility a kid of our [did I ever mention I wanted three?] will be starting school there), we love that area, and with the housing market the way it is we are able to buy a house we couldn't have even blinked at 3-4 years ago.  This was Tuesday night.  Wednesday we decided we wanted to put in offer in.  We just couldn't bear the thought of someone else snagging it from us.  We signed the papers after work Wednesday night.  Thursday afternoon at 1pm the sellers ACCEPTED OUR OFFER!  I couldn't even believe it... they accepted in less than 24 hours!   Who does that?!?!?!  The house is a short sale, so even though the sellers have accepted our offer we still have to wait for the bank to accept/decline/counter...whatever they are going to do.  It could be a few weeks to a couple of months until we hear anything from them.  

I can tell you right now everyday is like an eternity, and I know it's only going to get worse waiting and waiting for the bank to respond.  Our agent and the sellers agent are very optimistic and have both said that there should be no reason the bank doesn't accept and they are both very confident that we are going to get this house.  We are already referring to this house as our house.  It feels too good to be true, it has been less than a week that we started looking at houses and we already found one, made an offer, and got it accepted.  One of my best friends told me its not that it is too good to be true, but that this is meant to be for us.  I'll take it! 

So as you can see, a lot of shit has been going down here.  I am also feeling much better about everything, and am finally starting to believe that I didn't ruin everything we had going for us.  It is all still an adjustment for me, for us, but I am beyond thankful that our life is still moving forward in the direction we have planned and worked so hard to finally get to.  I am no longer using the phrase "twenty-eleven is going to be my year"... cause well we can all see just exactly how far that got me.  You can say I'm more cautiously optimistic.  

Oh- I didn't make my January goal of no fast food either.  EPIC. FAIL.  I had Panda Express on the 27th.  I debated whether or not it was fast food, and decided that because it was Chinese food it wasn't fast food.  I had blinded myself and was only looking at the Taco Bells' and McDonald's as fast food.  I honestly didn't think it counted, but the hubs said it did.  I was bummed about it, but it was my own damn fault.  I haven't set a February goal... not sure that I'm going to continue this monthly resolution or not.  I'm not as excited about it as I was before!  I will start blogging more frequently though.  I've been in such a depressing funk I didn't want to write it out and let everyone into what I was experiencing.  Not even the hubs knew what was going on, I was like a corked, depressed bottle.  I'm still a bitter-betty about the whole thing, but I'm functioning again and doing better.  

Until we meet again bloggy world!

No comments:

Post a Comment