Monday, January 24, 2011

Mamma's Got a Brand New Job!

Today was my first day at my new job!  WOOOOO!  I got really lucky in landing a job so fast, I was off work two weeks to the day when I got offered the new position.  I gladly accepted!  Last Thursday I had to go to our local Job Connect office to register, as a requirement of filing for unemployment (which reminds me, I'm sure I need to tell someone, somewhere, that I got monies coming in!), and let me just tell you that place was scary.  All kinds of weird ass people were up in there.  Lot's of... how shall  I say.... tweakers?  Yes.  Tweakers.  I was NOT happy about being in there for almost two hours, so that night when I got the call asking if I could go in the next day for a second interview and "meet all the gals in the office and talk more about the position" I was totally excited!

Right now, it's only a temporary position, 6 months, with the possibility of going permanent, but it's better that not working at all.  Plus,  I have 6 months to wow them with my sparkling personality and dazzling wit, all the while still earning some scrilla!

I know I'm a day late on my "weekly blogging" goal, but I have been in such a funk lately that I haven't wanted to write anything cause A- I don't really know what to say, and B- I think all I would be writing is emotional gibberish.  All last week I was all over the emotion spectrum, and writing about it was the farthest thing from my mind.  If I wrote it out, then that made it real and I didn't want all of that to be real.  

This last weekend started out pretty good though.  I went shopping Saturday for some dress work clothes (loooooove shopping!) and then Saturday night we were getting together with friends.  One of my closest friends  came down with some sort of viral infection, which ended up with her going to the ER- so worry and concern for her took over.  You never want the people closest to you to feel any sort of pain or hurt, and it's absolutely terrible when they do and you aren't able to do anything to make it better.  I am still very worried for her and praying she gets better soon.  

Hopefully this will be a good week! 

'Til next time!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful! You have to feel pretty darn good about yourself knowing so many people out there can't find work but someone snapped you right up. Congratulations!

    And by the way, your writing is so refreshingly real. I just love it. Hope you don't mind a stranger hanging around here more often!

    ReplyDelete