Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5 Days In, 26 More To Go!

Dear Diary/Journal/Blog/No One,

Today was day 5 without eating fast food.  Only day 5... it's not like I'm doing anything spectacular here.  I am one of those people when told not to do something or told I can't have something, then that is the thing I want to do the most.  The thing I think about the most.  Well... from my own doing, I can't stop thinking about fast food.  I don't even hardly eat this stuff!  But, now it's allll I think about, for most of the day.  Yesterday three people in the office had Taco Bell and when I went downstairs OH EM GEE did it smell good. I instantly wanted it.  This is terrible!  I know I won't always feel like this, but when will this obsessive thinking about it stop?  I hate this.

Today wasn't much better.  I don't know what happened this morning, but I just could not get my shit together in time.  It didn't feel like I was taking an overly long shower or anything, but before I knew it it was time to go. I wasn't even dressed!  I rushed around knocking this over, spilling that over... I ran downstairs and realized I left all my gym clothes upstairs.  Back upstairs I go.  Grab my clothes and back downstairs, it's 7:58!  I'm supposed to be at work at 8.  I texted my boss that I was running late, she texted back "haha so am I, no problem!".  Phew.  I put a k-cup in my Keuring and get some coffee... spill that on my hand.  I go to leave and the fish tank is still dark, meaning I didn't feed them.  So I turn the lights on and give them breakfast.  I go to make my lunch and it's already 8:10... I have GOT to go.  I grab a packet of pop-tarts and run out the door, making it to work by 8:20.

I felt horrible.  There was no reason for me to be late to work, I felt so guilty.  My boss was really understanding, I walked to her office as soon as I got there and said "I made it!" and she laughed and was totally fine with it.

In all my crazyness this morning, I did not make myself a lunch.  I had to get to work.  I knew walking out the door this was a bad, bad idea and just setting myself up to fail.  I ate my pop-tarts in the early morning, but I knew they wouldn't be enough.  So for lunch I went to Subway.  With all of their healthier options and the whole "Jared-from-Subway-guy", I figured it was a better option.  I still didn't want to do it, but I knew I wasn't going to make it until I got home AFTER working out.  Please, working out after not eating all day?  That spells passing out!  I got a 6-inch Turkey Melt on Wheat.  It was delicious.  I don't regret eating it, but I really, really regret having an off morning and not making my lunch this morning.  I know it's better and easier for me to bring food with me.  I love left overs, we have stuff for sandwiches, frozen burritos... I have all the stuff here that I need.

I don't count Subway as fast food.  When I think fast food, I think McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendys, Burger King, things like that.  I honestly do not believe that I ate fast food today.  I still don't feel good  or happy about it, but I at least still haven't eaten fast food.

I'm mainly upset that it's only 5 days in and I've already messed up.  I couldn't even make it a full week. It sucks. I will not let this get me down.  I will not quit.  I will not dwell on this.

"Let the rain of today, wash away the pain of yesterday".

Thanks Diary/Journal/Blog/No One for listening, and not saying one judgmental word to me about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we are all entitled to have slip up days! Although I would have to say that subway is a much better option then a pop tart =). You are doing good, instead of telling yourself you can't have fast food, tell yourself that you can have it another day, that is what I do, because I am the same way if I tell myself no then all I think of is that thing I said no too! Keep up the good work girly!

    ReplyDelete