Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome "Twenty-Eleven"!

I am sooooooooo ready for a new year!  Not just any new year, mind you, but this particular new year.  I have grandiose plans!  I have dreams!  I have goals!  I have something in me that  is shouting that "Twenty-Eleven" is going to be the year of great things for my family and myself.  I'm ready to get this show on the road and start making things happen.  I don't normally like to just wish time away or want to skip parts of my life, buuuuuuutt, this is not one of those times.  Smiley Face.

Happy New Year everyone!  Be safe and smart tonight!

UPDATE: 1/1/11 @ 5:11pm (I'd do a new post, but I don't want to be that girl.)

OK, so I've finally figured out some resolutions, although I'm going to do things a bit differently.  I figure, if I can't stick to 'em previously, I need to switch things up a bit in order to make something work!  Ready for it?

*Drum roll please* ...

Monthly resolutions!  Yes, yes, I know.  Genius isn't it?  You've never heard anything like it.  You're wondering where I come up with these things.  Well, let's just say I'm that good.  In all seriousness,  I do want to succeed with setting a goal, sticking to it, and accomplishing it.  Maybe if I start on a smaller scale and work my way up, I'll actually be able to do this.

So, monthly resolutions it is!  For January, I'm resolving to not eat fast food for the entire month.  I'm not a huge fast food eater, but I used to be and it's definitely a weakness and given the opportunity to eat it, I'd take it every time.  I'd say right now, I eat fast food 1-2 times a week.  Not a lot, but I think I can cut it out.  Last fast food I had?  Yesterday I had Taco Bell for dinner, and it was delicious!

How do I plan to not eat fast food?  Not put myself in a position to have to go get something to eat.  So, I need to bring something for lunch to eat at work.  No more showing up without anything to eat.  Second, if I want to eat tacos or burgers or fries, make them at home!  They don't taste the same, but man do they still taste good!  The hubs happens to make killer burgers on the BBQ or in the skillet.  Fries?  Got it covered- buy a frozen bag from the store.

So, here's to day one!  Every little step helps/counts :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! I can't wait to see what the new year holds for you and your hubby! I think this is going to be a great year! I look forward to reading all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I actually like the idea of monthly resolutions. Puts a nice twist on the things. Also, just an fyi, if you update an already existing post, it doesn't show as a "New Post" for those that follow you in Google Reader, or am I the only one that still uses that. haha. So yeah, it's okay to be THAT girl, and post however often you want!!

    ReplyDelete