Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feeling Pretty Loved Right About Now

Wow!  I had no idea how receptive and excited people were going to be when I said "Hey, guess what I did?" and started a blog.  It really all just happened on a whim.  I had thought about doing this a couple of months ago and then just never got around to it (doesn't life always seem to just get in the way?).  Then, I was reading a few blogs the last couple of days on some things I'm interested in (I'm withholding that info for now!!) and I honestly could just not think of a reason not to start one.  So I went for it.  I still have no idea what I really want to write about.  Hell, I'm not even sure if anything I have to say is even worth reading.  I'm not very interesting.  

So, Monday night after work I told my husband I started a blog.  I was nervous about telling him.  I don't really know why, but I was hesitant and thought "I wonder how long I can do this and just have him not notice?".  I quickly realized that just wasn't a good idea and if I ever wanted to put this on Facebook (ADDICTED!) I should tell him first.  If it were the other way around I'd be pretty damn pissed if I wasn't the first person he told or he just hid it from me.  (I do that a lot... "If  this were reversed, how would I feel if he was doing this?".  I think it's great to keep him in mind in a lot of my decisions.  Sometimes it's hard to look at things rationally or with a clear mind, and thats when you can start to get yourself in trouble. OK, enough of the ramble...)  I think I was more afraid of him thinking it was dumb or I was dumb or anything remotely negative.  Why would he do that you ask? Oh, he wouldn't.  I just have this fabulous tendency to imagine the worst and convince myself that bad things are going to happen.  He's actually pretty fabulous.

He was really excited!  I couldn't get the grin off my face.  As soon as I said what I had done, he instantly asked for the link.  Didn't miss a beat.  It was awesome.  AND he said he was proud of me!  ME!!  It felt amazing to have my other half be excited about what I am doing and tell me that he's proud of me and impressed by what I am doing.  

From there it has just gotten better.  My closest friends at work were thrilled for me as well.  They knew when I was younger I dreamed of being an author, so they could see that this was a good thing for me to do.  It's great having them to share everything with, and it's great knowing that they just get you.  They get that this is what I am into.  They get that I'm the kinda person that needs to share and get feedback.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty loved!  I've already been featured in another fabulous blog, Our Happy Home (shout out!!!) and I feel like I've been initiated into some cool ass sorority or club.  

I never knew I wanted in.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, you are too funny! I am glad that your hubby's is happy for you. I was nervous telling Bryan I had started a blog too, so I feel you on that. I think you will really enjoy doing this. Don't for one minute think you are boring. Talking about your life and intrests are interesting and people love to be part of the journey! Thank you for the shout out! I will send you some links to some blogs that do writers workshops, I think you might like them, plus you can get to know some other cool bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping over from Hannah's.

    You go, girl. :) Glad that your hubby's being so supportive. Blogging is a lot of fun and it's great when our hubbies are supportive of what we do... because it can get really addictive!

    Have a merry Christmas!

    Your newest follower.

    Mamahood, Among Other Things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog! Now following you from Hannah's site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by from Hannah! Welcome to the blogworld! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete