Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oh Glorious Sleep, Where Are You?

It's happened.  What everyone warns you about.  And it's all to be expected.  What am I talking about?  Oh just my inability to sleep through the night without waking up!

Granted, it's just started recently but dayummmm.  I am waking up multiple times a night and sometimes I am freakin' wide awake and just lay there waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen.

Oh and the heartburn!  God almighty the heartburn.  It started just a few weeks ago, the first time I had it I wasn't even sure that is what it was.  I had to ask hubs what heartburn even felt like.  Christmas eve it was bad.  One of the times I woke up last night was because I had apparently burped in my sleep and since I was laying down my body decided to let food just come on back up!  I woke up to that feeling thank god and shot straight up, preventing myself from puking all over the bed, dog, and hubs.  Then I had heartburn... oh lucky me.  Maybe I should have just thrown up and called it a night!

I've always tossed and turned/rolled over a lot at night but now every time I do I wake up.  Ugh.  I think I was up at least 6-8 times last night.  At least I'm not having to get up to pee!  Muahahaha... small victory. But... I think I'm waking hubs up too cause he'll ask me if I'm ok and it's freaking 2 am and he should be asleep too!

A week ago I had been exhausted on the couch, went up to bed, and then just laid there for over an hour wide awake.  I don't like taking a sleeping pill in the middle of the night because I'm afraid I'll end up being super groggy in the morning when I do have to get up... and I haven't been taking them before bed because I'm pretty freaking tired already and hate taking any sort of pill or medicine for no reason.  (I'm already tired... I don't need no stinkin' pills!)

It's only 7 o'clock right now and I've been yawning since I slept like shit-ola last night, and I do have my trusty sleeping pill sitting next to me.  I WILL be getting a good night's sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment