Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Shower!

My awesomely wonderful baby shower was yesterday.  I don't even know where to begin with it all, so I apologize if I just end up rambling.  If I don't get it all out now though I'm afraid I won't capture all the details!

It was hosted by my amazing friend Aubrae.  She had tossed out some ideas to me a while back and of course I loved them all.  I gave her free reign on everything so it was all a complete surprise to me.  I'm a cryer anyway but I bawled when I got a copy of the invite a few weeks ago and I bawled when I walked in the door to her house.  


Everything was owl and book themed!  Hubs dropped me off early (and stayed a few minutes to put in an appearance) and before everyone got there I just walked around crying.  It was all so beautiful and it felt so surreal it was all for me. Aubs made everything by hand/by scratch.  I know she's a crafty bitch, but damn!



This was super cute; there were little paper owl cut outs to write messages
on, and then hang them with clips from the burlap wires on the wooden
frame.  Loved it!

Yes, even this was completely made by hand!




Awesome tree with owls and books!


I wish I took better pictures- these don't do justice!


There were cute wooden owls everywhere, cutouts from books, burlap, and beautiful pink and blue accents. I do wish I would have taken some better pics- these do not nearly show how beautiful it all was. Twin/baby facts were posted randomly about.  Did you know babies aren't born with kneecaps?  Neither did I.  Thanks for that creepy fact Aubs!

I think just about everyone brought a book for the babies... I think that was my most favorite part about the gifts we received.  I absolutely, positively just love books!  I could spend hours reading.  We now have a great foundation to teach the babes about reading and that it is to be enjoyed not loathed.


The games were awesome- nothing was forced and nothing was cheesy and if you were luck enough to win you went home with either an iTunes gift card or a little something from Coach!  Dare I say it was a pretty classy affair? Delicious food and drinks.  Which reminds me, I didn't get a single shot of the vintage wash tubs/drink tubs that were placed about full of drinks.  Or the table by the front door with favors.  At least I got one shot with the one we brought home.


We did our maternity shots last weekend and our photographer was awesome enough to send us a shot early so we could take it to the shower to be signed.  I found a nice frame and matte at Michael's to have everyone sign it.  Did miss a few signatures from family that was there (I'm bummed!) but overall it turned out pretty good!  Not sure where it's going to to get hung up in the house yet.



All in all, the day was way more than anything I could have hoped for.  The babies were completely spoiled and we got so. much. stuff.  I loved spending time with everyone and getting to hang out with some of my co-workers outside of work.  Some family came in from out of town, as far at 3 1/2 hours away, just for us! 





Love this wooden piece we got; Hubs already hung it above the nursery door!






There was also a diaper raffle so I think I came home with 12 packs!












OH, and Aubs does custom diaper cakes.  She's pretty much the ish!








No comments:

Post a Comment