Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Am Losing My Damn Mind

Helllllllo pregnancy hormones.  Where have you been hiding the last 7 months?  Little, petty things set me off.  Don't even get me started on crying over sad things... hysterical, hyperventilating, high pitched voice crying. Sniffling, ugly face crying.  

Exhibit A-

Last night I had my plate from dinner on the couch, and the end piece of some garlic bread on a a napkin. Ruxin doesn't get people food and unless you leave something at his level or straight up on the floor; he knows better than to try and eat people food.  He may sniff around but he's never tried to eat something off my plate.  Well, that was until last night!  Rux came over and started sniffing the napkin, then straight up tried to eat the bread!  I yelled "no" at him and swung my leg over to push him back (I couldn't reach him with my arm fast enough or without hurting myself cause of this huge ol' belly).  Instead of my foot nicely reaching his chest to give him a little push back, my heel clonked down on the top of his skull.  It made an awful bone-on-bone noise.  I froze and stared at him while he walked away around the ottoman.  Hubs was sitting there and started to kinda laugh/tease me about beating up the dog.  Ruxin immediately came right back around the ottoman towards me and I just started bawling hysterically.  I couldn't catch my breath, couldn't see through the tears, and started sucking in air like a gulping fish.  I couldn't stop!  Hubs tried asking me what was wrong and my responses were so high pitched and interrupted by trying to breathe he had to ask me 3 or 4 times before he could make any sense of me!  I kept telling him how I didn't mean to hit him and I'm a terrible person and I'm going to be a terrible mom and I was so sorry.  The whole time Ruxin is sitting right there letting me love and pet on him; he was completely fine.  It was awful for me.... I felt like I was about to hyperventilate!  Hubs had to come over and try to talk me off the ledge.  I smeared makeup everywhere, was snotty from crying, and soaked my shirt with tears.  I totally overreacted to it and I know that now. Ruxin was completely fine and just wanted to play but I just couldn't stop crying.  I even told a friend at work about it and started crying when talking to her.

Exhibit B-

Tonight I left my cell phone at work.  I was stressing out because a friend was supposed to be stopping by and I couldn't remember if it was before or after a certain time.  Plus I was trying to make dinner.  Hubs went to go grab his phone so I could text her just to confirm and see if she wanted dinner.  I go to grab a pan out to put on the stove and I dropped it on the tile with this huge crash.  I instantly started crying and going into freak out mode again.  Hubs came down with his phone and had to calm me down once again.  Over a freaking frying pan..  I just can't keep it together anymore.

1 comment: