Sunday, October 13, 2013

Two Years, Two Babies

Well the cat is officially out of the bag!  We made it Facebook official yesterday and announced our twin pregnancy.  Prepare to see a lot more blogging from me; I feel like I am finally "free". Fuck Yeah!

Hubs and I decided to start trying to conceive in September 2011.  That was TWO YEARS AGO!  We worked hard to get my Thyroid condition under control as it is medically proven to cause issues.  Still... the months went by.  Struggling with infertility (IF) has been the hardest thing I have ever faced in my life, that we've faced in our marriage, harder than anything I have ever known.  It's a taboo subject rarely talked about in the open yet millions of couples silently suffer.  I was fortunate not only to have the most supportive man possible, but also close friends, my mother, and an on-line community of women who get it.  

IF does not mean your only option is IVF (test-tube babies, anyone?).  That couldn't be farther than the truth and our twins were not conceived through IVF.  I feel like that is important to say so that stereotype can be squashed.  We got really lucky!  After trying for two years (ok well 1 year, 11 months but ehh who's counting?) and suffering a loss, we were blessed with the two-for-one special.  

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified..." I was scared shitless!  I had told hubs over and over, all while laughing at his adamant "NO!" that I wanted twins and wouldn't it be so great and blah, blah, blah.  Then at that first ultrasound we both saw it before the nurse said "No wonder you are getting so sick, there's two!" The next week I was utterly terrified.  What had I gotten myself into?  Was I up for this? Could I do it? Oh god, what was I going to do?  Hubs was excited from the get-go!  Even through my one hysterical break down he has been by my side encouraging and taking care of me.  I knew I loved this man, but the father version of him is beyond anything I could have imagined!

I feel so blessed.  Our babies will always have someone by their side, someone to laugh and play with, someone to fight with, someone to keep them entertained besides Mom and Dad.  I know it will be rough in the beginning but we are soooo up for it!

Four Weeks- Found out we were expecting right before our annual family camping trip!  
BTDubs: non-alcoholic beer is beyond gross.


First u/s at 7w4d.  You're taking a look at baby frog and baby alien!


Hubs got this for my desk at work and surprised me.  I get to see Baby A and Baby B everyday.


First attempt at the weekly bump photos.  That is alll bloat there!
Found a cute app on my phone instead of making a chalkboard.


Second u/s, 9w4d.  So much bigger already!  We still have an alien, but now also a teddy bear.
Or hippo.


Baby A!


Baby B!  Awesome profile shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment